- Sculptra is an injectable cosmetic filler that rejuvenates your appearance by restoring facial volume and filling in wrinkles and fine lines
- Sculptra boosts collagen production deep within the skin for results that can last more than two years
- Clients usually have between 1–4 Sculptra treatment sessions to achieve their desired look
At Skin Therapeutics, we are experts at helping our clients improve and renew their appearance through a variety of services, including Spectra, to achieve beautiful younger-looking skin.
We have faithfully served our clients in the Ellicott City, Columbia, Elkridge and broader Baltimore area for more than twenty years. We are also proud that many of our clients visit our medical spa from out of state, some from as far away as Florida!
Call 410-715-1707 or contact us to book an in-person or virtual consultation. We’ll discuss whether Sculptra is right for you and start your rejuvenation journey!
How Sculptra Works
Sculptra is an injectable filler that gradually restores youthful facial volume by targeting a primary cause of aging skin: diminished collagen production.
Skin naturally produces collagen, which helps it maintain its firm and smooth appearance. Unfortunately, with age, collagen production decreases and results in a loss of skin elasticity and volume.
Sculptra contains poly-L-lactic acid which boosts collagen production deep within the skin. Following treatment, skin will appear smoother, as volume is restored and smooths out fine lines and wrinkles.
Sculptra produces noticeable results that emerge more subtly than with other fillers and improve in the months following an initial treatment. These natural-looking results can last for more than two years.
Sculptra can effectively improve the appearance of:
- Marionette lines around the lips
- Folds around the nose
- Hollowed and gaunt-looking cheeks
- Wrinkles around the temples
- Folds along the jawline and on the chin
- Facial scars
Why choose us for your Sculptra treatment?
For more than 20 years, we have offered personalized aesthetic and dermatological services to our clients to help them achieve their desired look.
- We are an experienced team of licensed aestheticians, nurses and medical professionals with the reputation of producing outstanding results
- We only offer cosmetic procedures that are scientifically proven to be effective
- We will devise a treatment plan that targets your unique skin concerns and considers your budget, medical history and aesthetic goals
- You can expect a compassionate team that will create a safe, relaxing environment for your comfort and peace of mind
- We will continue to provide you with quality care and attention long after your initial treatment
Before and After Photos
Please note that the individual results from each Sculptra treatment may vary and we cannot guarantee that every client will achieve these or similar results. Some clients may have undergone additional services offered at our spa.
Depending on the size and severity of your treatment area, you may prefer to undergo more than one Sculptra treatment session to achieve maximum results. During your initial consultation, our practitioner will suggest how many Sculptra treatment sessions you will need; this number typically ranges from 1–4, and are spread out about 3 weeks apart.
What to Expect During and After Treatment
On the day of your Sculptra session, your practitioner will cleanse your face and apply a topical numbing cream. You may also request an injectable anesthetic for additional comfort.
Next, they will inject Sculptra into your targeted areas of concern and thoroughly massage your skin to ensure an even product distribution. Your entire session should last between thirty minutes to one hour, and you should be able to return to your normal activities immediately.
While you may feel some small pinching during the procedure, most of our clients report the injections are relatively painless. You may experience some swelling and tenderness around the injection sites in the following days, but this should resolve within 1 week; use ice and mild painkillers as needed.
While you may not notice immediate results, in the following weeks and months you should begin to see a reduction in the appearance of wrinkles and an improvement in facial volume. Over time, collagen production will increase significantly and you should enjoy a more youthful appearance that lasts for at least two years.
Ideal Candidates for Sculptra
The best candidates for Sculptra are those seeking a semipermanent anti-aging solution and:
- Are over the age of 18
- Don’t have a history of irregular scarring
- Don’t have an active skin infection or inflammation on the face
- Are not allergic to the ingredients in Sculptra
- Are of any gender, skin type or color
Related and Complementary Treatments
At our medical spa, clients often complement their Sculptra treatment sessions with one of our other services for additional skin-refreshing benefits. Other services you could pair with Sculptra include:
- JUVÉDERM and Restylane: collections of dermal fillers that smooth wrinkles and restore volume using hyaluronic acid
- Botox, Dysport, and Jeauveau: injections containing botulinum toxin which improve the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles
- Silhouette InstaLift: sutures with advanced technology that reduce facial sagging and promote collagen production
- Plasma IQ: a treatment that employs microbeams of light to revitalize activity within the skin and causes the skin to retract
- Medical facials: combine active ingredients and leading technology to treat a range of issues including acne, scars, and fine lines
- Massage: a therapeutic treatment to alleviate stress, relieve stiffness and pain, and stimulate circulation
- Epidermal leveling: an exfoliation treatment to improve the texture and appearance of skin
Book a consultation
Looking for a dependable treatment that produces long-term results? If yes, then Sculptra may be right for you! Call 410-715-1707 or contact us to book an online or in-person consultation with one of our experts. We look forward to discussing how Sculptra can help you look as young as you feel!
What is the difference between Sculptra and other injectable fillers?
While other injectable fillers such as Restylane and JUVÉDERM rely on hyaluronic acid to fill in and smooth facial wrinkles, Sculptra uses poly-L-lactic acid to boost your body’s natural collagen production. Therefore, while other dermal fillers may produce more immediate results, Sculptra results will emerge more slowly but will typically last longer, for at least 2 years.
Does Sculptra produce a natural look?
Yes, since Sculptra activates your body’s very own natural collagen production process. Of equal importance is that our team is very experienced at providing Sculptra treatments; this is crucial to ensure a successful outcome.
Is the procedure safe?
Yes. Sculptra is an FDA-approved procedure and is considered very safe when performed by qualified professionals, such as our team members. Any side effects of a treatment session are usually very minor and subside after a few days. These could include swelling and tenderness at the injection sites which can be treated with ice and minor pain killers.
Does insurance cover the procedure?
Insurance does not typically cover the cost of cosmetic procedures such as Sculptra. Additionally, our spa does not accept insurance.