- Sculptra rejuvenates your appearance by restoring facial volume and filling in wrinkles and fine lines
- Sculptra targets a core contributor to facial aging by boosting collagen production deep within the skin
- Clients usually have between one and four Sculptra treatment sessions to achieve their desired look that can last for over two years
At Medical Skin Therapeutics, we are experts at helping our clients refresh their appearances by offering services, including Spectra, that restore a softer, younger look.
We have faithfully served our clients in the Ellicott City, Columbia, Elkridge and broader Baltimore area for over twenty years. We are also proud that many of our clients visit our medical spa from out of state, some from as far away as Florida!
Call 410-715-1707 or contact us to book an in-person or virtual consultation. We’ll discuss whether Sculptra is right for you and start your rejuvenation journey!
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is an injectable filler that gradually restores and maintains youthful facial volume by targeting a primary cause of aging skin: diminished collagen production.
When you are young, your skin naturally produces collagen which helps it to maintain its firm and smooth appearance. Collagen production decreases as you grow older and results in a loss of skin elasticity and volume.
Sculptra contains poly-L-lactic acid which boosts collagen production deep within your skin. Following your treatment, your skin will become smoother as volume is restored and fills in your fine lines and wrinkles.
Unlike other dermal fillers, Sculptra produces noticeable results that subtly emerge and improve in the months following an initial treatment. After a Sculptra treatment, your body will speed up its own production of collagen which means you should notice a gradual increase in facial volume and improvement in the look of your wrinkles. These significant, natural-looking results can last for over two years.
Sculptra can help to correct and improve the appearance of:
- Marionette lines around the lips
- Folds around the nose
- Hollowed and gaunt-looking cheeks
- Wrinkles around the temples
- Folds along the jawline and on the chin
- Facial scars
Why choose us for your Sculptra treatment?
For over 20 years, we have expertly provided skin rejuvenation services to help you feel your best. At Medical Skin Therapeutics:
- We are a team of licensed aestheticians, nurses and medical professionals who are very experienced at producing outstanding results
- We only offer cosmetic procedures whose effectiveness is supported by a large body of scientific evidence
- We will customize your treatment plan so it addresses your unique skin concerns and considers your budget, medical history, aesthetic goals and other factors
- You can expect a compassionate team that creates a comfortable and relaxing environment
- We will continue to provide you with quality care and attention long after your initial treatment
Before and After Photos
Please note that the individual results from each Sculptra treatment may vary and we cannot guarantee that every client will achieve these or similar results. Some clients may have undergone additional services offered at our spa.
Depending on the size and severity of your treatment area, you may prefer to undergo more than one Sculptra treatment session to achieve the refreshed, youthful appearance you are looking for. During your initial consultation, our practitioner will suggest how many Sculptra treatment sessions you might need to rejuvenate your look.
The number of sessions typically ranges from 1-4 and depends on the size and severity of the treatment area, with sessions usually spread about 3 weeks apart. The amount of filler and number of injections will also vary based on your needs and desired results.
What to expect during and after the treatment
On the day of your Sculptra session, our practitioner will prepare the treatment area by cleansing your face and applying a topical numbing cream. You may also request an injectable anesthetic for additional comfort.
During your treatment, our practitioner will inject Sculptra into your targeted areas of concern and thoroughly massage your skin to ensure an even product distribution. Your entire session should last between thirty minutes and an hour and you should be able to return to your normal activities immediately.
While you may feel some small pinching during the procedure, most of our clients report that the injections are relatively painless. You may experience some swelling and tenderness around the injection sites in the days following your procedure but these should resolve within a week and can be treated with ice.
While you may not notice immediate results, in the weeks and months following your initial Sculptra treatment you should begin to see a reduction in the appearance of facial wrinkles and an improvement in facial volume. Over time, collagen production will increase significantly and you should enjoy a more youthful appearance for at least two years.
Ideal Candidates for Sculptra
Sculptra would be an excellent rejuvenation service for you if you:
- Experience unwanted fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth, nose, lips, temples or chin
- Want to plump up your cheeks
- Are looking for natural-looking results that gradually emerge in the weeks and months following an initial treatment
- Seek a semi-permanent solution to improve your appearance with results that can last for over two years
During your initial consultation, our practitioner will indicate that you’re an ideal Sculptra candidate if you:
- Are over the age of 18
- Don’t have a history of irregular scarring
- Are not allergic to the ingredients in Sculptra
- Are of an gender, ethnicity, skin color or type
Related and Complementary Treatments
At Medical Skin Therapeutics, we offer a variety of other skin rejuvenation treatments that can be effectively combined with Sculptra to further address your skin health needs. Other procedures often paired with Sculptra include:
- JUVÉDERM and Restylane are other collections of dermal fillers that use hyaluronic acid to smooth facial wrinkles
- Silhouette InstaLift activates collagen production to reduce facial sagging
- Dysport temporarily relaxes the muscles between the eyebrows and on the forehead to smooth fine lines
- Botox uses botulinum toxin to soften or eliminate the appearance of facial wrinkles
- Epidermal leveling, or dermaplaning, uses exfoliators to smooth facial skin and rejuvenate tissue growth
- KYBELLA improves the appearance of subliminal fat or a double chin by injecting deoxycholic acid
Book a consultation
If you want to rejuvenate your appearance with subtle, long-lasting results, Sculptra may be right for you! Call 410-715-1707 or contact us to book an online or in-person consultation with one of our experts. We look forward to discussing how Sculptra can help you look as young as you feel!
What is the difference between Sculptra and other injectable fillers?
While other injectable fillers like Restylane and JUVÉDERM rely on hyaluronic acid to fill and smooth facial wrinkles, Sculptra uses poly-L-lactic acid to boost your body’s natural collagen production. Therefore, while other dermal fillers may produce more immediate results, Sculptra results will emerge more slowly but will typically last longer, for at least two years.
Does Sculptra produce a natural look?
While the collagen-boosting properties of Sculptra don’t produce immediate results, the gradual nature of this process lends itself to a very natural-looking appearance.
Is the procedure safe?
Sculptra is an FDA-approved procedure and is considered very safe when performed by qualified professionals, such as those on our team. Any side effects of a treatment session are usually very minor and subside after a few days. These could include swelling and tenderness at the injection sites which can be treated with ice and minor pain killers.