Nutrafol is a clinically proven hair growth supplement that utilizes medical-grade, natural ingredients to address the root causes of hair loss. With no messy creams, invasive treatments or prescription required, Nutrafol products help men and women grow stronger, thicker and healthier hair. Skin Therapeutics is proud to carry these products for our clientele in the greater Baltimore area.
What is Nutrafol?
The Nutrafol product line is a collection of dermatologist-created, over-the-counter hair growth supplements. These award-winning formulas holistically combat thinning hair on the cellular level. By balancing hormones, increasing vitamin and mineral intake and boosting collagen production, Nutrafol targets and improves the issues affecting hair growth and quality.
Nutrafol products fight the six underlying causes of hair loss:
- Aging: As the body ages, collagen and elastin production declines, increasing shedding
- Hormones: Unbalanced levels of estrogen and testosterone shrink hair follicles, causing slower, thinner growth
- Lifestyle: Unhealthy environmental exposures can cause oxidative stress, which interrupts the hair growth cycle
- Metabolism: Hair needs energy to grow, so a low metabolism hinders the cellular building process for healthy follicles
- Nutrition: Vitamin and mineral deficiencies caused by a poor diet can degrade hair health
- Stress: High cortisol levels stunt the hair growth cycle and force follicles into dormancy
With these root causes identified, Nutrafol’s creators found powerful, naturally derived ingredients that address each issue, creating potent supplements with superior results.
Nutrafol’s many benefits for hair include improved:
- Scalp coverage
Nutrafol Hair Growth Supplements
This formula is designed for women aged 18–44 with heat-damaged or thinning hair. Nutrafol Women includes the patented Synergen Complex, a blend of powerful naturally derived ingredients. This collagen-rich supplement strengthens hair, resulting in less shedding, increased length and thicker eyelashes and eyebrows.
Nutrafol Postpartum was created to support the hormonal fluctuations and nutritional depletion that occur after pregnancy. Levels of estrogen and progesterone decrease dramatically after childbirth, causing hair follicles to enter the resting phase of the hair growth cycle.
Formulated by OBGYNs and safe for breastfeeding mothers, Nutrafol Postpartum contains mood-boosting, hormone-regulating adaptogens and amino acids.
Nutrafol Women’s Balance
Nutrafol Women’s Balance was created for women aged 45+ to address lowered estrogen and progesterone levels and testosterone dominance. These hormonal changes can cause widened parts, receding hairlines and unwanted facial hair growth.
The formula contains hormone-balancing maca and astaxanthin to support premenopausal and menopausal women. These ingredients not only improve hair growth, but alleviate symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes.
Hair loss is a common concern for men of all ages. Nutrafol Men effectively targets its root causes, including the imbalances that activate the genetic predisposition for hair loss.
Nutrafol Men’s physician-formulated, drug-free ingredients combat early signs of hair thinning, including excess shedding, decreased scalp coverage and a receding hairline. This product is recommended for men over the age of 18 experiencing hair loss.
Nutrafol offers several additional supplements designed to be taken with a daily Nutrafol regimen. Personalize your hair treatment plan by getting extra support for specific concerns related to stress, hormone balancing, aging and more. Target boosters include:
- B-Energized supports healthy metabolism with extra B vitamins to prevent hair breakage
- Collagen Infusion increases collagen levels to combat hair loss caused by aging
- Hairbiotic includes prebiotics and probiotics to improve gut health and nutritional deficiencies to strengthen hair follicles
- Hormone Support balances hormones that cause receding hairlines or widening parts
- Stress Adaptogen reduces stress hormones that cause excess shedding
- Toxic Cleanse helps detoxify the body with antioxidants for damaged or thinning hair
Before and After Photos
Best Candidates for Nutrafol
Nutrafol hair growth supplements are clinically effective at treating all hair types and ethnicities. Ideal candidates are men and women over the age of 18 experiencing mild-to-moderate hair loss.
Women who are pregnant or trying to conceive should not take Nutrafol; Nutrafol Postpartum is safe for those who are breastfeeding.
Skin Therapeutics offers additional products and treatments to treat several hair concerns on the head and body:
- Laser hair removal – a laser therapy that reduces or eliminates unwanted hair permanently
- Latisse – an FDA-approved medication to promote eyelash growth, quality and length
- PRP hair restoration – a hair loss treatment in which platelet-rich plasma is injected into the scalp to stimulate new growth
Book a Consultation
Our team of skilled aestheticians is ready to help you achieve your hair goals today. If you are in Ellicott City, MD or the greater Baltimore area, contact us or visit our beautiful med spa to begin your hair restoration journey!
What are the active ingredients in Nutrafol?
Nutrafol is a drug-free nutraceutical, meaning it includes only natural ingredients.
Active ingredients found in Nutrafol include:
- Ashwagandha – a plant adaptogen that helps reduce cortisol, the stress hormone
- Biotin – a B vitamin that increases follicle growth
- Curcumin – an antioxidant found in turmeric that increases cellular production
- Horsetail – a medicinal plant containing silica, which promotes hair strength
- Kelp minerals – a sea plant containing high concentrations of vitamins for thicker hair
- Marine collagen peptides – increase hair building proteins
- Saw palmetto, a medicinal plant that reduces DHT, a hormone that causes hair loss
Are there any side effects?
There are no known side effects to Nutrafol. If you take biotin supplements in addition to Nutrafol, nausea, cramping or diarrhea may occur.
What happens if I stop using Nutrafol?
Nutrafol is a supplement that nourishes your body and encourages it to grow healthier hair. Like any supplement, it needs to be taken consistently to maintain results. If you stop using Nutrafol, eventually you will notice a decrease in hair growth, fullness, volume, shine and strength.
Can Nutrafol cause unwanted hair growth?
No. Nutrafol is a drug-free supplement that targets the underlying root causes of hair loss. It therefore doesn’t have the negative side effects of medicated shampoos and topical products designed to increase hair growth.
In fact, Nutrafol contains saw palmetto, a botanical ingredient that reduces DHT, a testosterone hormone that increases hair loss in both genders and can also cause undesirable hair growth in women.