- Collagen P.I.N., an advanced form of microneedling, penetrates the skin with hyper-thin needles to induce the production of collagen and elastin in the skin
- These treatments can effectively reduce fine lines and wrinkles, tighten large pores, fade acne scars and even out skin tone
- Compared to other skin resurfacing procedures such as chemical peels or laser treatments, Collagen P.I.N. has fewer side effects and little aftercare
At Medical Skin Therapeutics, our professional, licensed staff have been offering Collagen Percutaneous Induction Needling (P.I.N.) treatments for more than four years. Located conveniently in Ellicott City, we provide quality care to clients in the greater Baltimore area and beyond.
We all dream of clear, firm skin, but with age we develop fine lines, wrinkles and blemishes. Fortunately, Collagen P.I.N. microneedling treatments can counteract these signs of aging, and help you achieve the youthful and healthy skin you deserve. This treatment is quick, safe and with a little maintenance, achieves long-lasting results.
Collagen P.I.N. Microneedling at Medical Skin Therapeutics
P.I.N microneedling is one of the most effective methods of automated microneedling currently on the market.
Automated microneedling uses ultra-thin needles to create micro-injuries in the skin, creating controlled, imperceptible lesions. These lesions stimulate the natural healing process of the skin cells which results in increased production of collagen and elastin, both of which contribute to tighter, firmer and younger looking skin.
We use the Collagen P.I.N. device because we believe in using only the best and most effective skin care technology. This device has multiple needle tips, allowing us to use fewer or more needles depending on your specific skin care concern. It also enables us to control the needles’ depth of penetration so that we can effectively treat different areas of skin, which vary in thickness.
This is a significant advantage over older forms of microneedling such as dermarolling, which have a fixed penetration depth of 0.5 mm and cannot be adjusted to treat deeper-seated issues.
Why Choose Medical Skin Therapeutics for Collagen P.I.N. Microneedling
We believe everyone deserves to look and feel their best; since 2001, we’ve been dedicated to providing our clients with superior esthetic results
- Our staff consists entirely of licensed estheticians, nurses and medical professionals
- Over the last two decades, we’ve provided skin rejuvenation treatments to over three thousand patients, with outstanding results
- We’ve administered Collagen P.I.N. microneedling at our Medspa for more than four years and have acquired the experience required to produce excellent results
- We have a reputation for quality care that has brought us patients not only from all over Maryland, but also New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Virginia and Florida
Before undergoing your Collagen P.I.N. treatment, our dedicated team will ensure the treatment is the right one for you. We know that the world of skin care can be confusing and sometimes overwhelming, and we aim to make your experience as comfortable and satisfying as possible.
Benefits of Collagen P.I.N. Microneedling
Collagen P.I.N. microneedling is an effective method that delivers effective anti-aging benefits to the skin such as:
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Improving skin elasticity for firmer skin
- Fading the appearance of age spots
But this treatment provides benefits beyond anti-aging, to help improve skin tone and texture by:
- Fading acne scars
- Shrinking large pores
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks
- Diminishing other forms of hyperpigmentation
- Improving absorption of topical creams and serums
One strong advantage of Collagen P.I.N over other forms of skin resurfacing techniques is that it can be used to treat skin not only on the face, but also on various parts of the body such as the hands, neck, chest, legs, back and abdomen.
Before and After Photos
Please note that the patients featured in these images may have undergone other treatments in conjunction with Collagen P.I.N. This photo gallery does not guarantee that everyone who undergoes this treatment will obtain these or similar results.
The benefits of Collagen P.I.N. will not be apparent immediately following treatment but after 1–2 weeks; this is how long it takes for the new collagen and elastin to develop in response to your skin’s healing.
What to Expect During Your Treatment
During your personal consultation you and your esthetician will develop a customized pretreatment skin regimen that will prepare your skin to enable the best results. In the 5 days prior to treatment, you should stop using any products that contain retinol or retin-A, as they can increase the sensitivity of your skin.
First your esthetician will apply a topical serum in a thin layer over the treatment area to soothe the skin; a mild numbing component is included to ensure your comfort. Next, your esthetician will glide the pen-like Collagen P.I.N. tool over your skin, guiding the ultra-thin needles to create tiny wounds in the skin. She will pass the device slowly and methodically, always in the same direction, until the entire area has been evenly treated.
One session can take between 30 to 60 minutes depending on the size and location of the area you wish to treat. For a full facial treatment, you can expect it to take about 30 to 45 minutes.
After your treatment, you are advised to apply a regenerating topical serum or cream to protect and hydrate your skin. At Medical Skin Therapeutics, we recommend applying Alastin Regenerating Skin Nectar daily for approximately 5 to 7 days after your session.
If Collagen P.I.N. microneedling isn’t right for you, we offer a wide variety of other treatments and procedures to treat your specific skin care needs. We want you to have the best experiences and results on your way to clear, beautiful skin!
Here are some of the best alternative treatments to consider:
- R.F. Microneedling: This type of microneedling is similar to Collagen P.I.N. and offers many of the same benefits (including anti-aging and improved skin tone and texture), however, it adds heat to the procedure for increased effects
- Clear + Brilliant Skin Rejuvenation: This safe and effective laser treatment will help counter the aging process and give you clear, younger-looking skin, plus smoother skin texture and reduced pore size for additional benefits
- Juvederm Injections: Juvederm is a dermal filler used to immediately smooth skin and fill in the contours of your face
- Facials and Peels: Choose a customized facial or peel; a facial for improved skin tone and texture, to reduce acne or to gently exfoliate your skin; a peel to experience a more thorough exfoliation and radiant, soft, touchable skin
- Cryocorrect: Opt for Cryocorrect if your primary concern is getting rid of dark spots or skin tags; this fast and effective treatment simply freezes them away
Book Your Collagen P.I.N. Treatment
If you’re looking for clear and youthful skin, book your virtual or in-person consultation today! Whether you are located in Ellicott City, the greater Baltimore Area, or even out of state, our staff is ready to provide you with the individualized care you deserve.
Collagen P.I.N FAQs
What is the difference between Collagen P.I.N. Microneedling and Radio Frequency microneedling?
Collagen P.I.N. and radio frequency microneedling are very similar procedures, however, the latter uses specific radio frequency waves to emit heat at the same time. While an effective treatment, the addition of heat may not be the best option for those with sensitive skin.
How many treatments will I need?
For best results, we recommend beginning with three treatments, scheduled once a month, leaving approximately 4 weeks in between each treatment.
How is collagen P.I.N. different from laser treatments?
While laser treatments can achieve many of the same results as Collagen P.I.N. microneedling, laser treatments tend to result in more side effects and require more downtime.
A Collagen P.I.N. treatment may result in some swelling or slight redness, but this typically only lasts a few hours. Conversely, laser treatments can cause side effects that last for up to ten days; they can also cause permanent scarring, whereas microneedling does not.
Additionally, Collagen P.I.N. treatments are safe for those with darker skin tones, whereas some laser treatments have been shown to cause discoloration.
Does Collagen P.I.N. microneedling hurt?
Not at Medical Skin Therapeutics! People who report painful Collagen P.I.N. sessions have likely had treatments performed incorrectly or by inexperienced personnel, or had treatments without any numbing agents. When done correctly, you will only feel a slight tingling sensation.
Who should avoid Collagen P.I.N. microneedling?
For the great majority of people, this treatment is one of the safest skin resurfacing options. However, there are always some exceptions. Collagen P.I.N. may not be right for you if you are pregnant of if you have:
- eczema or psoriasis
- active acne
- open wounds
- other active lesions (such as cold sores)
- a skin infection
Find out if Collagen P.I.N. microneedling is right for you! Contact us today for a consultation to see how we can help you look and feel your very best.