- Medical facials are corrective treatments designed to improve your skin health
- They combine physician-grade formulas and leading-edge medspa technology
- Fully customized to your needs, these facials treat a range of issues, including acne, hyperpigmentation and dry or dull skin
What Are Medical Facials?
At Medical Skin Therapeutics, our facials aren’t your typical spa treatment – they’re a results-oriented corrective procedure that uses both active ingredients and medical-grade technology to optimize your skin’s health. As part of the experience, we work with you to develop a skin care plan addressing the specific challenges you’re facing.
Serving the greater Baltimore area, including Ellicott City, Columbia and Elkridge, we have the tools and expertise to transform your skin. Book a consultation for a medical facial and start your journey to a radiant complexion!
Why Choose Medical Skin Therapeutics?
At Medical Skin Therapeutics, skin health is the foundation of everything we do. We’re a world apart from run-of-the-mill skin care – our mission is to restore your skin’s health through the application of cutting-edge equipment and products.
All our facials are performed by licensed estheticians, many of whom are also registered nurses. We’ve been providing medical facials since the day we opened our doors almost 20 years ago.
What Can Medical Facials Treat?
Unlike spa facials (which are generally the same for each client and use products that contain fragrances and other irritants), a medical facial is performed by a skin health expert using dermatologist-approved products and leading-edge technology. At each session and with every client, we design a plan to help manage any skin concern.
Medical facials work at the cellular level to restore and improve your skin. Benefits include collagen stimulation, improved circulation and a deep cleansing that doesn’t strip your skin of its natural protective barriers. With regular appointments, we can help treat the following issues:
- Adult acne
- Acne scars
- Dull, dry or rough skin
- Environmental damage
- Fine lines
- Sun damage
- Traumatic scarring
- Uneven skin tone or texture
Medical Facials at Medical Skin Therapeutics
We build your custom facial from our comprehensive inventory of high-caliber skin care products and ingredients, from vitamin C to lactic acid and AHAs to enzymes. No two facials are exactly alike; each treatment is 100% customized to your needs. However, they do have something in common: they consist solely of high-quality, dermatologist-approved products.
We’re proud to work with several physician-formulated skin care lines. We’ve been using products from these providers for years with excellent results.
- Alastin Skincare: Clinically tested and physician-dispensed anti-aging products
- Esthemax Professional: Electrolyte-enhanced, algae-based hydrating masks
- Hale & Hush: A luxe skin care line developed specifically for sensitive skin
- Neauvia: Science-backed cosmeceuticals with a holistic approach to skin health
- Senté: Powerful anti-aging products developed with a focus on biotech innovation
- ZO Skin Health: Comprehensive skin care for any age, ethnicity, skin type or condition
What to Expect During Your Medical Facial
A medical facial is not just a one-off treatment – it’s a comprehensive assessment of your skin’s health and a roadmap for you to start looking your best.
First, you and your esthetician will discuss the skin issues you’re experiencing and your goals. Are you looking to correct years of damage, or are your concerns mostly preventative? Do you want to take a more aggressive or gentle approach? As no two people have exactly the same skin or the same objectives, no two skin care plans will be exactly alike.
Next, the esthetician will thoroughly cleanse your skin and analyze the concerns you’ve discussed. Based on her observations and expertise, she will choose and administer a gentle exfoliating peel using a custom blend of acids, enzymes and nourishing ingredients. If necessary, she’ll perform extractions on congested pores.
Your facial concludes with a soothing mask that is selected based on your skin’s condition and needs. While you’re relaxing, your esthetician will write up a suggested skin care regimen for you to follow. At the end of the session, she will go over this advice and make recommendations for follow-up treatments and professional-grade skin care products for you to consider using at home.
After your facial, your skin will immediately appear brighter, firmer and clearer. You might experience mild redness if you opt for a deeper exfoliation, but this will resolve within hours.
Looking to put a smile on your teenager’s face? Our Teen Facial is an abbreviated version of our regular medical facial that focuses on common teen skin concerns such as acne. The session consists of a deep cleanse followed by a mild exfoliating peel and a hydrating mask. Teen Facials last approximately half an hour. Schedule yours together for a fun bonding experience and let your teenager learn the benefits of good skin health!
Many of our clients choose to pair their medical facials with another of our services. The most common are:
- Botox: Help your rejuvenated look last even longer with wrinkle-reducing injections; coordinating your anti-aging treatments will help maximize results
- Celluma LED therapy: This device uses red or blue light to firm up skin and kill acne-causing bacteria. It’s as equally useful for managing breakouts as it is for improving collagen and elastin production
- Dermaplaning: Also known as epidermal leveling, this treatment removes the top layer of dead skin cells and hair from your face using a special scalpel. It’s suitable for women and men of all skin tones. Dermaplaning your skin before a facial helps your skin better absorb the products we use, which increases the session’s benefits
- Lash or brow tints: Pair your fresh-looking skin with perfectly manicured brows or darker lashes
- Massages: Experience complete relaxation when you add a full-body massage to your medical facial. We offer a range of therapies from de-stressing Swedish massage to deep, intense trigger point therapy.
Book Your Medical Facial Consultation
Medical Skin Therapeutics is a leading provider of fully customized medical facials in the Ellicott City area. Discover our services by booking an in-person or virtual consultation today! We look forward to serving you.
Medical Facials FAQ
Can anyone get a medical facial?
Yes. Anyone of any age and skin tone or type can benefit from a medical facial. Even if you don’t have any pressing skin problems, a medical facial helps balance and nourish your skin. Think of it like a routine cleaning at the dentist’s – while you brush your teeth at home every day, you see the dentist twice a year for a professional cleaning. Your skin will love the same treatment!
How often should I get a medical facial?
Although everyone’s skin has different needs, getting a facial once a month will keep your skin in tip-top condition. Some of our clients opt to receive facials four times a year to help their skin transition through the seasons.
When’s the best time to get a medical facial?
A great time to get a medical facial is a few days before an important event when you want to look your best – or anytime you feel like it, because you deserve it!
One point to consider is that because of the powerful products we use, it’s vital to protect your skin from the sun in the weeks after a medical facial. While you can certainly have a facial during the summer months, be sure to protect your skin with 30 SPF and take a break from the beach for a little while!