- Dysport is a convenient, nonsurgical procedure that rejuvenates your look by relaxing the wrinkles between and above your eyebrows for up to 5 months
- Dysport temporarily reduces specific muscle movements that lead to frown lines, resulting in a smoother overall facial appearance
- This procedure produces rapid, natural-looking results and is an effective alternative to Botox
Our team at Medical Skin Therapeutics has successfully provided Dysport and other cosmetic and dermatological procedures to thousands of satisfied clients for over twenty years. We are dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain your aesthetic and skin care goals.
We are proud to be the go-to skin health professionals for our clients in the Ellicott City, Columbia, Elkridge and broader Baltimore area. It also speaks to the high-quality services we offer and the strength of our relationships that so many of our loyal clients travel from out of state to receive our personalized care.
Call 410-715-1707 or contact us to book your virtual or in-person consultation. We look forward to meeting you and helping you on your journey to reaching your skin health and aesthetic goals!
Dysport at Medical Skin Therapeutics
Dysport is an FDA-approved, nonsurgical option for temporarily erasing the wrinkles that form on your forehead and between your eyebrows. Our highly-trained practitioner uses a series of injections at targeted points to improve the overall smoothness of your face.
Our many facial muscles are essential for nonverbally displaying our emotions but over time the repetitive motion of these muscles can create persistent and stubborn fine lines. Dysport contains botulinum toxin, also used in Botox injections, which works by temporarily blocking muscle contractions for up to five months. This relaxes your underlying facial muscles to reduce the look of wrinkles and allows your skin to naturally appear more smooth.
At Medical Skin Therapeutics, we would be happy to discuss whether Dysport is the right option for you to achieve a younger and fresher appearance. Following an initial consultation, the procedure is usually performed in one session and lasts only 10-to-20 minutes. With minimal discomfort and virtually no recovery time, you will be able to return to your normal life immediately, and will begin to notice the wrinkle-eliminating effects of Dysport within a few days. After five months, when the effects of your initial Dysport treatment begin to diminish, we would be happy to welcome you back to our medical spa for follow-up maintenance treatments.
Why choose Medical Skin Therapeutics for Dysport?
At Medical Skin Therapeutics, we are committed to helping you become the healthiest and most confident version of yourself.
- Before we schedule your Dysport treatment, you’ll have a virtual or in-person consultation with us where we’ll discuss your aesthetic goals, medical history, budget and overall health. Together we will develop a holistic, individualised treatment plan that suits your specific needs and concerns.
- We have many years of experience at successfully addressing our clients skin concerns. Our practitioners include dually licensed estheticians and registered nurses, massage therapists and doctors.
- We will follow up with you to ensure you are pleased with your results; we are always available for advice or recommendations so that you may continue to be satisfied long after you leave our spa.
Before and After Photos
The results of Dysport are not visible immediately, however you should begin to notice the smoother appearance of your frown lines and forehead wrinkles within 2-3 days. While your face will still maintain it’s full range of expressions, Dysport will continue to relax the underlying muscles responsible for the unwanted wrinkles for up to five months. Repeated treatments are recommended to maintain your desired look.
Please note that individual results after a Dysport treatment may vary. We cannot guarantee that every client will achieve these or similar results. Some clients may have undergone additional services offered at our spa.
What to expect before, during and after the treatment
Your rejuvenation journey at our spa will begin with a consultation with one of our highly-trained practitioners who will go over any areas of concern and answer all of your questions about Dysport. Our practitioner will evaluate your skin and decide where the injections should be placed for maximum effect. During this initial meeting, our practitioner will also discuss any pre- and post-treatment care instructions to ensure you are fully prepared and comfortable with the procedure.
During your treatment, our practitioner will use the Dysport injections to relax the facial muscles responsible for your unwanted wrinkles. This procedure is painless and extremely quick, usually lasting less than ten minutes. The majority of our clients report no discomfort at all.
With no healing or downtime, you will be able to return to your normal activities immediately.
You should begin to see the smoothing effects of Dysport 2-3 days following your treatment. The fast-acting results of the procedure are a major benefit and will leave you with a natural-looking wrinkle reduction on your forehead and between your eyebrows that will last for up to five months.
Following your initial Dysport treatment, we recommend follow-up treatments every six months to maintain your youthful, wrinkle-free look.
Who is the ideal candidate for Dysport?
You would be an excellent candidate for a Dysport treatment if you:
- Want to improve the look of the facial wrinkles and fine lines that naturally form with age and repetitive motion
- Are looking for a preventative treatment to limit the severity and depth of your frown lines and forehead wrinkles before they fully form
- Want a treatment with natural-looking results that still allows a full-range of facial expression
During your initial consultation, our practitioners will indicate if you are a good candidate for Dysport, particularly if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 65
- Do not have an allergy to botulinum toxin or cow’s milk
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are of any ethnicity or gender and seek a more youthful appearance
Related and Complementary Treatments
Many of our clients choose to undergo a Dysport treatment in combination with another procedure in order to further enhance and sustain the youthful appearance of smooth skin.
Further treatments we offer include:
- Silhouette InstaLift activates collagen production to reduce facial sagging
- Botox uses botulinum toxin to soften or eliminate the appearance of facial wrinkles
- JUVÉDERM dermal fillers use hyaluronic acid to add facial plumpness and smooth facial wrinkles
- KYBELLA improves the appearance of subliminal fat or a double chin by injecting deoxycholic acid
- Radio frequency microneedling stimulates subdermal collagen production using radio frequency energy to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Epidermal leveling, or dermaplaning, uses exfoliators to smooth facial skin and rejuvenate tissue growth
- Laser360 combines three minimally-invasive lasers and light pulses to improve the skin’s texture, tone and color
- PlasmaIQ revitalizes skin structure and appearance using microbeams of plasma
Book a consultation
Here at Medical Skin Therapeutics, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your aesthetic goals and become the most confident version of yourself. If you are looking for a noninvasive and quick treatment to improve your appearance, our experienced practitioners are waiting to hear from you.
Call 410-715-1707 or contact us to schedule a virtual or in-office consultation so that we can decide how Dysport fits into your skin health journey.
How does a Dysport treatment compare with Botox?
While Dysport and Botox both treat wrinkles using botulinum toxin injections, the effects of a Dysport treatment may be seen sooner. Additionally, Dysport generally targets fine lines between the eyebrows and on the forehead, while Botox is often also used for wrinkles on other facial areas.
Is Dysport recommended for younger clients?
While a Dysport treatment is often sought by our older clients, frown lines can develop from repetitive facial movements in those of any age. Therefore, we recommend this procedure for any adult who is unhappy with the appearance of their moderate-to-severe forehead or eyebrow wrinkles.
Dysport is also effective as a preventative treatment for facial wrinkles, reducing the severity and depth of fine lines before they fully develop.
How long do the effects of the treatment last?
Dysport treatments will typically last for up to five months. Follow-up Dysport treatments will ensure you can maintain a smooth facial appearance.
Is the procedure safe?
Dysport is a noninvasive procedure with minimal downtime and is very safe. Additionally, the injections used are very small and should cause no pain. We would be pleased to discuss any concerns during your initial consultation.
Does insurance cover the procedure?
Insurance does not typically cover the cost of cosmetic procedures such as Dysport. Additionally, Medical Skin Therapeutics does not accept insurance.